Staveley Junior School

Welcome to Staveley Junior School

College Avenue, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S43 3XE

01246 472 325



We follow Derbyshire County Council's Admission Policy and Guidelines. 


Apply for a junior school place

For children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 and in their last year at an infant school, applications for junior school places should have been made by 15th January 2022.

Apply online

You can do this online through the online admissions system (opens in a new window) which opened on 13th November 2021 at 9am and was available up until midnight on 15th January 2022. Applications after this time should be made using the in-year application facility in the changing schools section.

By phone

Between 13th November 2021 and 15th January 2022 you can ring Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 to apply by phone.

By post

Request a paper form from us by emailing or calling 01629 537 499.

Please remember…

Parents have a legal right to express a preference for which school they want their child to attend. 

This is not the same as being able to choose, but means that if a parent expresses a preference for a particular school and there are places available then a place should be offered at that school.

However, in law there is no automatic right to place a child in any particular school and it may not be possible to offer a place at a preferred school.

When applying for a school place you must apply through the council covering the area in which you live, which may not be the same as where the school is.

If you don't live in Derbyshire use Gov.UK to find your 'home' council (opens in a new window).

Changing school at other times

If you are moving to Derbyshire or want to apply for your child to move schools other than at the normal admission/transfer time you can find out all you need to know on our changing schools web page.


If you are unable to get a place for your child in your preferred school you can appeal against the decision.

You can do this online and all the information you will need is on our appeals web page.